Columns on this combined Mortality Schedule and Death Record report are:
- Township From the census takers records. If this column is blank, no
one gave the info to the census takers, the info came from the Death Register.
- Name The name of the deceased. Spellings often varied between the two
listings. Sometimes show both spellings.
- Age Also varied between listings. Usually used the year-month-days age
shown on the Death Register, if available.
- Marriage status This often varied too, probably more an oversite since a blank
block was supposed to mean single.
- Place of birth of the deceased.
- Place of birth of deceaseds father.
- Place of birth of deceaseds mother.
- Occupation of deceased some seemed to have 2 occupations.
- Date died. Usually showed the death register date.
- Cause of death
- Where died
- Where died
- When buried
- Years in Clinton County from the mortality schedule
- Years in Illinois from the death register ideally, this column should be
equal to or greater than # 18.
- Days sick before death.
- Description of line number in the Death Register at the court house.
- Census household number that some census takers annotated some of the time.
Matches the second number of the household number of the transcribed census.
- Any other comments that were written or noted.
- Name of doctor that was sometimes listed. Might give a clue to general geographic
area if no location was given. See the Medical Personnel List.
Back to the
1880 Mortality Schedule