John DUNCAN, a native of Kentucky, settled in what is now Sugar Creek township in 1818, where he lived several years, and then moved down and improved a place one mile north of where Damionsville now is, afterwards moved on the west side of the creek, and improved a farm, where he died in 1842. He raised a family of four children. M. Duncan, now living at New Memphis station, is the only survivor of the family. He was born in the county in the year 1829.
Source: History of Marion and Clinton Counties, Illinois, 1881, Brink, McDonough & Co., Philadelphia
Click on the letters below to see an index of obituaries starting with that letter
|Database table Bio_Index modified:||5 Nov 2016|
|Page modified:||15 Nov 2011|